The World According to Marney

Thursday, May 2

I forgot to mention what I am currently working on. Right now, I have started a pair of socks that I am probably going to give to my boss for her birthday. Now, you may ask, why would someone give a pair of black wool socks to someone for their birthday in May??? I would like to make things very clear here. I rarely make sense and try not to do anything that someone else would consider logical. Just ask Jackie who received a Christmas Tree ornament from me for her August birthday. Did I mention that Jackie, like most Jewsh people, does not celebrate Christmas?

Aside from the socks, I also have a vest that is only a few rows long. That one is also 100% wool. I don't think I will need to have it finished anytime soon. Also, there is a cardigan that I started in February that only has one front piece to go. The problem with that is I lost interest in the brocade pattern that I started. Again, the weather is a little too warm to be worrying about it yet.

Knitting On The Road
The most exciting project has not yet begun. I am happy to say that I am planning for the holiday season more than 7 months in advance. (Watch me pat my own back.) If the family is reading this, don't keep reading if you don't want to know about future presents. I was given a wonderful book from Debbie Stoller, chief cook and bottle washer of our stitch-n-bitch, called Knitting on the Road by Nancy Bush. Combine the book with a discount at eknitting thanks to Knitter's Review and I am cooking with oil!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home