The World According to Marney

Monday, February 9

What's up with me now

So I have been telling you what has been going on in the past year, so I thought I would let you know what has been going on with me lately. Well this is going to be a short post. I can sum that up in a couple of lines.

Work - I have been putting in a lot of time at work lately now that the economy has taken a hit everywhere. Meeting planning and travel are areas that don't generally stand up well when companies are trying to cut back their funds. But on the bright side, because we are an outsourcing company, we can pick up some slack in very diminished departments that are still expected to make contributions to the company. Also we have some leverage with national chains and with large accounts to be able to wield some good discounts and reductions on the bottom line. So it's a good and bad thing all at the same time.

Knitting - When I'm not working, I'm usually knitting. It's really the only thing I can do to keep my fingers busy and the stress down. Just like after 9/11, I seem to have a bit of pent up energy that I need to focus. Either I do that through knitting or I will find some other outlet, like eating or throwing things or something else less productive. At least with knitting, I can keep it all on the up and up.

Health - Unfortunately, that has not been all that great lately. My headaches have been mostly under control but I'm still fighting with them at times. And now I'm dealing with other problems. I found out that my 8 years of vegetarianism/pescetarianism was not in any way helpful in the cholesterol realm as mine is VERY high. And also I will have to have my gall bladder removed next month. I'm finally coming to terms with this. It has been a bit of an ordeal for me, but I'm dealing with it. Mostly I'm tired of the doctors telling me I have to change my diet and laughing like it's a big joke and their know something I don't know. If I've been playing by the rules for as lng as I can remember, and I'm still losing the battle, how can I ever try to win?

That's pretty much everything right now. Almost everything else for me is being put on hold until the health thing is taken care of. So I'm hoping that in about a month and a half I will be in a much better place and feeling much better. Until then, I'm just getting through each day as best I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home