The World According to Marney

Monday, July 30

Getting Back Into The Swing Of Things

So, in my deliquent months of non-blogging, I had a tendency of not spending much time knitting. Mostly because as the weather started getting warmer, I didn't really want to have too much extra fabric. But this is all changing.

While my niece Hailee was in town, we made a pilgramage to the Flagship Abercrombie & Fitch store on Fifth Avenue. Prior to that time, I had never been inside an A&F store, which is ironic since they are a client for work. Anyway, I saw a sweater that I knew I could make myself, better. So, with the idea of the sweater in mind, I went home, logged on to Knitpicks.com, found some lovely Essential in Shoreline for this project. I did a little bit of tinkering with the image from the website and what I really want this sweater to become. I have it already on the needles (not bad since I got the yarn delivered today). I think I should be in pretty good shape with my scribbles and notes.

To make life more interesting, I have also decided to knit my wedding dress. I know this is quite an undertaking, but I'm going to give it a try. Again, I think I will probably design at least most of it. I'm still looking into yarns, and am willing to take suggestions. I am leaning toward either silk, cashmere, bamboo or something else that may be a bit elegant when knit up. I'm also going to do beading. I went a little nuts over the weekend picking out beads online, but I wanted to make sure that I had plenty of options when the time comes for actual beading.

So, I'm back on the knitting saddle. I'll probably be in yarn stores over the weekend to find something fabulous. Pictures to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home