The World According to Marney

Wednesday, November 29

Busy Week - and it's only Wednesday

Well, I think of all of the weeks that I have lived through, this is definitely one of the most change filled. At least in the top ten. Perhaps only beaten by birth, the move to New York and puberty.

Monday was my last day at Rogen. It was a tough last day that I couldn't truly relish in the relinquishing of my job. I spent most of the day training my replacement who was finally confirmed hours before the Thanksgiving holiday began. I did spend my lunch hour with all of my colleagues at Havana NY. There was a rousing game of "what about Marney will I miss most". It was very sweet and a bit disturbing. I also went out with drinks with Gus, who is in total denial that I'm gone. I think he is trying to convince himself that I'm on vacation or something.

Well, I made it through that day without too much trouble. But my next task was to find a new place to live. And Tuesday, I did just that.

I signed a lease on an apartment here. It was the only apartment that I looked at in person, but definitly not the only one I checked out on line. It's a 2BR with all new appliances including a washer, dryer and dishwasher. You can't beat that with a stick. Now I need to figure out how and when I'm going to get over there.

Today, I spent most of the day relishing my state of non-employment. There was much lingering around the apartment with the kitties.

I think tomorrow will include a journey to Smiley's Yarn Riot which is taking place on 57th Street. This will be the last year that I'll be within walking distance of this sale.

On Friday, I have a date to The Awesome 80s Prom. Since I only went to 3 proms during high school, I think I need to add another one. This is also a celebration of some December birthdays for friends of mine. (Anyone in the area that wants to go, let me know and I'll get you the details for the discounted tickets.)

Next week will be another busy one. Monday is my first day at my new job. Tuesday is Peter's birthday. I don't think I have mapped out the rest of the week, but I think it ends with one of Peter's friends fromm Baltimore staying in town. But that may work out best for me, since I might be able to get some packing done...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home