The World According to Marney

Saturday, November 18

I'm still here

i'm sorry if I've been a bit lax in posting. Things have been a bit hectic lately between trying to get everything cleaned up at work before I go, starting a search for a new apartment, and juggling all of the rest of my crazy life. I have been sick for the past week, either a really bad cold or a mild flu. It hasn't been easy to get things finalized a work when I was in home in bed.

I just left Peter and Gus (my colleague) in line at the Toys"R"Us - Times Square waiting for the Wii-lease of the Nintendo Wii. There is a bit of a to-do down there and I am very happy that I am not waiting with them. It should be much less painful than Friday's PS3 launch. That doesn't mean I want to wait from 6PM to midnight with thousands of other gamers in the middle of Times Square. But then again, I have made it past 30, so I'm a bit of a stick in the mud.

Next week is Thanksgiving. I'll be heading down with Peter to spend it with his family in Maryland and Virginia. It will be nice to finally meet the rest of his family. I'm looking forward to it. I met his mom and her fiance in June when that came up for a weekend visit.

So the next couple of weeks are destined to be very full. My last day at Rogen is the Monday after Thanksgiving. I start at Ultra-Mar on December 4th. Between those dates, I plan on looking at apartments and hopefully, signing a new lease. No word on where yet, just trying to get out of this place.

Maybe there will be time to rest in December...