The World According to Marney

Thursday, September 7

Laboring since Labor Day

After a wonderful long weekend in Canada, I feel like every moment of this week has been at work. I guess it must be to make up for the long weekend, but after three work days, I am officially exhausted.

Let me go back to recount my adventures in Montreal. Peter and I met up in Montreal on Friday. He had been in Toronto for a few days before, since he had much more vacation time than me. I think I spent more time in the airport before my flight than I did in the air! Who knew that Montreal was just a 50 minute flight from here.

We wandered around without too much direction. Although, we did happen to be there during Festival des Films du Monde(World Film Festival of Montreal). We also caught Musée McCord Museum and Musée d'art contemporain de Montréal (which happened to be across the street from the hotel).

The biggest adventure was getting back to NYC. Let me just say that I think I may have sworn off cabs altogether because of the inconsiderate drivers at 1:00AM on Monday morning. And I think I'll try not to fly into Newark so late that the train doesn't run regularly anymore.

Anyway, back in NYC, there has been much working and toiling. But the most fun happened this morning as I was trying to embark on work. I was about to walk out the door to head off to work when I noticed that there was something blocking my way. Oh, that would be the lock that decided not to unlock from the inside. Yes, only Marney can be locked INSIDE her apartment.

I tried to call the super. His phone had been disconnected. After a NASTY conversation with the landlady last week, I didn't want to think about calling her. So I called Peter, at work. Being the true knight in shining armor that he is, he flew down to my apartment to rescue me. All that needed to be done was to unlock the door with the key from the outside. And I was sprung - only an hour late for work. Oh well, at least I got some more quality time with my kitties.

I thought I had plenty of things to keep me out of trouble. But I guess I can even find a way to cause a ruckus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home