The World According to Marney

Monday, August 14

Thankfully cooler!

After a grueling week of heat, we have been blessed with gorgeous weather over the past few days. It has been much cooler (particularly at night) with pleasant breezes. I am very grateful that this evil heat has passed, at least for now.

Over the weekend, I got to take advantage of my friend Mary jo's birthday present to me. That was tickets to see Goo Goo Dolls and Counting Crows in concert at PNC Bank Arts Center. It was a wonderful day of spending time with MJ and a couple of her friends out in NJ. We hung around the Montclaire area for the afternoon, collecting supplies and food stuffs.

Let's face it, there is nothing like letting Marney loose in a dollar store, particularly when it is a true junk store. At one point, while MJ was paying for the sheet set (which came in very handy later) for our picnic, I managed to have a different adjustable ring on each finger, and the ugliest sunglasses in existance on my face. It takes so little to amuse me.

We met up with MJ's friends and made our way south to the concert. There was a bit of time to enjoy the beautiful weather with a bit of a picnic and chatter in the parking lot. It really was a wonderful day for it!

The concert started out really well. The Goo Goo Dolls played well. Though I admit, I was a bit distracted by the 738,947,283 teenagers that couldn't figure out where they needed to be at any point in time. Oh, and the guy with the disgustingly itchy butt. So the Counting Crows came on and brought the concert to a screeching halt. They announced that one of their close friends died the day before and they were going to only play "beautiful" and "accoustic" music. Talk about an instant bummer. It was beautiful music, but terribly depressing.

So the way home was a bit of a downer too, as we talked about the downer concert. Well, that was until MJ and I got into her car so she could take me back to Manhattan. That is when I started to feel queasy, and then, just about the time we hit the stop and go traffic in front of the tunnel, I managed to relive all of the food I had earlier that day. And we were stuck in the stinky car with lots of traffic. Thankfully, the remainder of the sheet set was handy for a lttle clean up action. Not fun. Thanks MJ for putting up with my sickness. I feel awful.

Both Sunday and today, I was alternating between okay and really yucky. I ended up leaving work early to rest. Right now, I'm okay, but I don't truly think that is going to last. At least it's a slow time at work!

So, I'm going to get back to resting and recovery TV. I hope to make it back to the land of the living tomorrow. I guess we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home