The World According to Marney

Wednesday, July 5

Happy Belated 4th!

I know I have been very lax in getting posts out lately. But to be honest, there is really not a whole lot to talk about. I have been working like a fiend for the past month or so. I am hoping that some of the recent changes in my day job may make it better for me very soon, but it's still a bit early to tell.

Anyway, my Independence Day weekend (surprisingly almost a full 4 day weekend - aside from one matinee on Sunday) was very hot and humid. Even though I have been here for about 15 years, the weather still amazes me. But in this case, it led to watching 2 movies (a good source of A/C).

On Monday, Peter and I saw Who Killed the Electric Car? which was a very sad documentary about how General Motor's EV1 was totally removed from the market and the technology has been shelved. For anyone that has an interest in the air quality of the world and technology that can remove us from our "addiction to oil", you should check this one out.

Last night we saw Superman Returns, which was much better than I thought it would be. Though the camera shots in the action scenes are worthy of dramamine.

Since we were in the cool theatre, we managed to miss out on the fireworks last night, but in my opinion, we were doing much more in supporting this crazy country by supporting our capitalistic, free market system. Or something like that.

Anyway, I hope yours was happy and healthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home