The World According to Marney

Monday, April 3

Remember Me?

Grandma Dolly, This one's for you!

I know I have been very lax in my posting of late. And I got scolded by Grandma for not keeping this updated. So, I'm back.

There is a LOT to talk about but I don't have a lot of time for typing. So in a nutshell -

1) I just got back from a wonderful trip to Tokyo with my beau. It was 9 days of wandering around a foreign country, pretending I still remember some of the language I learned in highschool. But really relying heavily on the English of the Japanese people. There will be more following, including pictures.

2) Just as I got back from Japan - literally on the train from the airport, I found out that my Papa died. This was not entirely unexpected, but rather freightening since I saw him just the day before on a little side trip on the way back from Japan.

3) I couldn't tell you what time it is or when I am going to fall a sleep for the past week. Between spending 9 days in Japan, one day (Actually I lived through Monday 3/20 twice - once in Tokyo and once in Portland) on the west coast, one day traveling east, one day in NYC, 3 days on the west coast and then hitting daylight savings time on the way back to NYC, I'm lucky to be awake during daylight hours at all.

4) I am up to my ears in Girl Scout cookies. I extended the selling of the cookies from my cousin (the family girl scout) to those in my NYC network that don't have anyone knocking on their doors. I think the order was around 90 boxes this year!

5) I just finished up a couple of projects for another knitting book. This one is called Knitting With Balls - a book by and for male knitters. It was a bit of a fiasco considering I got the materials 3 weeks late and had less than 2 weeks to make a hooded cardigan and a throw. (I got them in a bit late, but as fast as I could.)

I can't think of anything else at the moment because I am very, very tired, yet still at work. I'm gonna go home, sleep and try to think of more things to post. G'night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home