The World According to Marney

Tuesday, August 30

Scarf Count - 20

Well, I am officially behind on my scarf count. I had figured out that I had to do about 7 scarves per week to give myself enough time to finish and ship without being too tight on time. And here it is 2 days into the 4th week of scarving and I am still finishing up the last 2 from last week. Maybe I just need to cut out a bit of my social life. Well, it is getting a bit out of control anyway. I think once I get about 25 of them ready, I will send them off to the Girl Scouts. That way they will definitely have enough time to get some of them ready and such.

I have to say, I have gotten a lot of compliments on them as I knit them around town. I was at a focus group last night and while I was waiting (and knitting), two women started talking about my creation. Thus far, the scarves have seen: a) the office, b) the subway/bus, c) commuter train/platforms to the Jersey Shore, d) the beach, under an umbrella with plenty of sun screen for both of us, e) a few different parks in Manhattan - Central, Bryant, f) a few cafes, g) Broadway theatre and h) a movie theatre. Why limit your knitting to the confines of your house, that is my motto. Any suggestions on where I should take to knitting next? Why not? Friends' houses? Restaurants? Museums? While shopping? I'm open to thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home