The World According to Marney

Monday, May 30

Happy Memorial Day

Despite the beautiful weather and luxurious day off, I managed to lay low all day this holiday. Mostly, I spent much of the day knitting. One of my coworkers has a new baby. Actually, the baby was born the weekend before I started working there. I have been meaning to make something for this little guy, but haven't found a pattern that I liked for the yarn I chose. So, I started tweaking today and managed to make this sweater into this:



I know, it's no longer a cardigan. And I know that there is a hood. I even know that the gauge is totally wrong for the pattern. But considering I was knitting for a 1 month old and not a toddler, it was really knitting without a net. And I know that charcoal gray is not your typical baby color, but I was informed that this baby prefers to wear black. So, this is the closest I could come up with in my stash. And at least I had some help.



Koshka is such a good helper. But not as helpful as his brother, George:



But George really sticks with helping with the household chores, like making the bed. Especially any chore that involves sleep, hiding and eating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home