The World According to Marney

Sunday, April 24

Change in the weather

I was joking with my friends that the beautiful weather we have been having here in the NYC area was directly connected to my unemployment. More so, the last day that was rainy and yucky was my last day of employment, and as soon as the weather turned back, I would have a job. Well, strangely enough, things are starting to look like that might be right. For the past 3 weeks, we had beautiful, sunny, clear weather and Marney without a job. Friday, when things started to turn meteorologically, I actually got myself a job offer.

Well, don't jump for joy quite yet. Although this position is the one of all of them I have interview for (and there were quite a few) that I liked the most, this one came in with the smallest salary offer by quite a bit. So, instead of jumping in and saying absolutely, I have asked to have the weekend to make the "right" decision. Since I really hate to negotiate money, I am in a bit of a pickle. I think I will have to at least try to so that on Monday when I call back. But I think that in the end, I would rather take a pay cut to work somewhere that would make me happy than to make more money in a place that would make me miserable. I will give more details about the job once I make it all official.

So, since I haven't really been posting much, I should also share with you what I have been doing. Mostly, I have been interviewing like a crazy person. I had 5 interviews last week and 2 full days of seminars (which were connected to the job offer). That means that there wasn't a single day that I wasn't "on." So, right now, I am trying to rest up as best I can.

On Monday, I have made plans with a friend to do a little bit of pampering. Both of us being unemployed are in a little need for some extra attention. I got suckered into a promotional thing for one of the salons in the city. You pay a small amount and get a dozen treatments as a chance for the salon to get their name out there. Well, the guy who suckered me, felt bad about my lack of income, so he gave me 2 of these promotional things for the price of one. So, I am sharing it with a fellow un-employee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home