The World According to Marney

Saturday, March 19

Home Again

What a wonderful vacation! I have offically fallen in love with London. I had such a wonderful time there. I want to go back already. There are very few places that I have been to that have insired this much desire to return. The weather was great, warmer than NYC, no rain, gray but comfortable. I managed to see all kinds of sites, mostly the well known locales. But we made it to 2 different museums, Tate Modern and National Portrait Gallery. There was a St. Patrick's Day festival in Trafalgar Square last Sunday with all kinds of Irish bands playing and green water in the fountains. I hit the Camden Markets and Covent Gardens Market and found a few fun trinkets to remind me of the fun there. I also saw Festen on the West End (London's Broadway) on the recommendation of a poker buddy. Everything was just wonderful.

But I am back in the States now and almost back to the right time zone. The strangest thing that is going on right now is that I keep running into people I used to work with on the street. Yesterday, I ran into a co-worker from Morgan Stanley (haven't seen him in about 3 years) and today was someone from the Dodger world (haven't seen since Feb.).

Well, I am going to get back to catching up on some knitting that I feel like I haven't had a chance to do for a while (I took no projects with me overseas). So, today is all about relaxing on my home turf and getting back into my groove.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home