The World According to Marney

Monday, January 17

Knitting Weekend

The cold weather brings with it the need to knit. This weekend was all about just that. Before I started with my CNN encounter last week, I stopped off at Downtown Yarns and picked up 4 skeins of Lamb's Pride Bulky for no apparent reason.

Not having a specific purpose, I then tried to plot a use for my 2 skeins of blue and 2 skeins of green. Well, by the end of the weekend, most all of the yarn is gone - or transformed into 1 green newsboy hat (from Stitch 'n Bitch Nation), 2 blue and green footy-slippers (from my calendar patterns) and much of a blue with green, to-be-felted bag (also from Stitch 'n Bitch Nation). Not bad for not having a purpose. But I do need to get another skein of blue to finish the bag.

So in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., I am working today. I'm sure, on some level, he would much rather have the masses be working diligently instead of enjoying a three day weekend. So, the rest of us that are putting in the hours today to make sure that the economy gets better are really more patriotic than the people that are at home watching their stories, or getting another day of skiing, or whatever. If I keep telling myself that, I am bound to start believing it. Alright, I am going to get out of here, now. Maybe I can find something else to knit up at home. At least that's one way to stay warm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home