The World According to Marney

Tuesday, November 23

Bon Jour Mes Amies!!!

Paris is just what the doctor ordered. I spent 5 days seeing sights, shopping, eating, enjoying the change of culture, meeting new people, going to museums and wandering aimlessly. The bad news is my French has really gotten bad. But the good news is there are MANY Parisiens who speak pretty good English. So even my travelling companion, Ardra, could get by with her total lack of French. I did give her one phrase to say, "Ou est la sortie?" It's always good to have someone with you with an exit strategy.

We met a few locals while we were hanging out. They were all very friendly and very open. They all managed to ask about the political standing of the US. Parisiens do have a political streak in them.

So, where did we go?

Louvre


Arc de Triomphe


Bastille


Eiffel Tower


Seine


Musee d'Orsay


And so much more.

I am so glad we went out there. It was a fabulous time. I will tell more tales later on. Must get back to my normal life now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home