The World According to Marney

Monday, November 15

I haven't disappeared

Things have been very crazy for me these days. I know I have been very lax in sharing my info on this blog. But here's what's going on with me now.

JOB

I am working until the end of the year with the Dodgers. The entire company is dissolving so I can't really do a whole lot about the situation. Basically, last week, everyone got the date of their termination. The first round of lay offs happened last Friday. The rest of them are Dec 31, Jan 31, Feb 28 and March 31. By then, the entire company will have fallen into nothingness. So, I am diligently sending out resumes. My goal is at least one every day. It's not very easy at the moment. So, I am just hanging on to what I have for the time being.

KNITTING

I just finished my 50 clutchettes for Nicole. I think they are absolutely adorable. She may have some more work for me in the future, but I will wait until I get back into town to worry about that. In the mean time, I am thinking about selling my stitch markers in some way. I am still trying to figure out what venue(s) to go with. Also, the second Stitch 'n Bitch book just came out. I worked on a) the purple newsboy cap, b) the black cardigan, c) the London Calling sweater, d) the pink drop stitch vest and e) the swallow baby sweater.

VACATION

I leave for Paris on Wednesday. I am so very excited about going. I can't wait to get out of town for a while. I will be there for 5 days. That makes me very happy.

KITTIES

I had a bit of a freaky moment on Friday. I was in the bathroom, getting ready for work when Koshka started licking his chops and rubbing the side of his mouth. Well, low and behold, out pops a tooth - a molar. So I had to take him to the vet on Saturday to make sure that everything is just fine. Which is what seems to be the case. But the doctor was a little concerned about his low weight. So the blood tests should be in tomorrow. I am hoping that all else is well with this guy. He seems to be just fine other than being without a tooth. So we'll see tomorrow if there is anything I should be grumpy about.

I think that about brings me up to date. Well, I am going to get back to whatever it is that I'm doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home