The World According to Marney

Wednesday, October 27

I think the fan may have been a direct hit

I found out about an hour ago that my life here at the new gig is over on Friday. That would make it 2 weeks before anticipated. To top it off, the "signing bonus" that was supposed to be in my first paycheck was nowhere to be found.

So, forgive me if for a while I turn rather bitchy and bitter. I did nothing to deserve this situation. I knew nothing about it until it was all too late. All I did was come in, knowing that things were a bit of a mess, and try to make things better.

So, what about the staffing company, you may ask. It looks like the best they are likely to do would be to place me (with a pay cut) at some law firm, taking care of records or something like that. I think I would rather take unemployment than go through that. I could at least have my days free to find something else. In the grand scheme of things, isn't it better to take the pay cut and be able to look for a job than to do a job that a) I don't want, b) I am WAY too overqualified to do, c) would do me no better financially (or at least minimally) and d) a step down from any other position I could have elsewhere?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home