The World According to Marney

Tuesday, October 19

I'm Still Employed...For Now

Thank you all for all of the kind words of encouragement. It means a lot to me to have a cheering section behind me. Sometimes, I forget that the strange things that happen to me are not all that strange. Well, maybe they are.

Anyway, I am sitting at my new and soon to be old desk. I am on day 2 of the questionable employment. so, let me bring you up to speed.

....

Well, there really aren't too many changes in the situation. At this point, everyone seems to think that I have a job until the middle of November. At that point, I will be going off to Paris and can think of much happier times and places. Or something.

I have started sending out my resume, again. Not so much coming up for the holiday season. I may end up on the dole for a while until things get better in the new year. I don't know. Maybe something will happen serendipitously. Well, I am not going to spend a whole lot of time complaining or dreaming as neither will help me out of this situation.

So, when I have free time, I have been adding more metro cards to my cape, knitting up leg warmers to match the capelet and looking for work.

I do have something to share about my Haloween costume. My former coworker designed my logo for Mass Transit Girl. She then uploaded it to cafepress.com and made a pretty t-shirt for me to wear. I would show you all, but I have managed to lose that page. I guess you will have to wait for pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home