The World According to Marney

Thursday, September 16

I Need More Books

I am officially addicted to audio books. Don't get me wrong - I have not stopped reading real, actual books, but I need to have constant audio stimulation these days. My multitasking abilities are getting out of control. I know "read" while I'm walking to and from work, riding my bike, knitting, whatever. It's like I can get more books "ingested" without having to find more time. Now, I only listen to the unabridged versions because there is a standard I have to reach as an English major.

In the last 6 weeks, I have listened to The Secret Life of Bees, The Devil Wears Prada, My Year of Meats and The Daily Show with Jon Stewart Presents America (The Audiobook): A Citizen's Guide to Democracy Inaction. Throw in a couple of political speeches (as I didn't watch the conventions at all) and the fabulous Car Talk, and I am attached to my iPod constantly. What did I do without it?

My capelet is almost finished. It's almost as though it was supposed to be an instant gratification project. Not intentionally, but I'll take it. And lucky for me, autumn is coming to NYC a little early this year with weather already peaking in the 60s.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home