The World According to Marney

Saturday, September 4

Am I Missing Something?

In an attempt to meet new people and such, I made plans to go out with a gentleman caller tonight. Is there something in the whole making plans thing that makes it appropriate that these said plans should be negated at will without calling? I know I am overly sensitive. Maybe it's because I wasn't feeling much like going out this evening and still opted to keep up my end of the date. Or maybe it's because I was not the one that initated these plans, let alone chose the hole-in-the-wall establishment that took a 15 minute walk after a subway ride downtown. Maybe I just have too much faith in those that set up plans. In any case, I found myself in a big old case of being stood up this evening. And when asked about the situation, I got the response, "I didn't hear back from you for a confirmed time, and I didn't feel like it was right to call or e-mail after I asked you a question about plans."

Are all men inately stupid? Is there some sort of fear of communication? I have noticed that this is more of a trend amongst the un-fairer sex (wouldn't that be the proper term?) than not. Why do I even bother? Sometimes I think lesbians really have it figured out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home