The World According to Marney

Sunday, August 29

They Have Arrived

This weekend welcomed the throng of protestors here in NYC. I haven't really noticed an influx of Republican delegates, but the protests are in every part of the city.

Last night as I made my way to a party in Jersey City, I ran into a couple of protests around the World Trade Center site, including bicycles with bells. Today was the big march through midtown. I managed to stick close to home. I heard a little while ago that there was about 200 arrests today. But considering there were supposed to be 250,000 people here, that's not so bad.

Now I hear all kinds of explosions outside. I don't know if they are fireworks or something else. I really hate the fact that this convention is here. I don't feel safe here and I don't like the fact that we, as a city, are being used as a political ploy. I have turned on the news, but since there are no major reports, that must mean that there are fireworks in the Hudson river. I am really ready for it to be all over. Unfortunately, it hasn't really begun.

I haven't talked much about my projects lately. Well, I have all of the pieces for the second baby sweater finished. I was going to sew them up today, but that didn't happen. My birthday sweater is midway through the second sleeve. I haven't been working on it lately, since it has been so warm. My beanbag has 2 1/4 panels finished. I have the old jeans lined up and ready to go. The rest of my projects have really been on hold.

Okay, I 'm pretty sure that these loud bangs are fireworks, but that does not make me feel any better. In fact, I really want them to stop, NOW!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home