The World According to Marney

Tuesday, July 20

Picture Time!

I have been doing a bit of baby stuff these days for those expectant parents in the office.  The tricky part is that both of them sit on either side of my desk, so I can't be too obvious about my work.  Anyway, I do have a couple of pictures that I can share.
 


This is a sweater for a little boy that is due in less than a month.  I am having a hard time finishing it, though.  Every time I put down my darning needle, I manage to misplace it, along with the rest of my darning needles.    This sweater will also be paired up with a pair of "sweat socks" that match.  They will be yellow with 2 green stripes, a la gym socks of my youth.
 


This hat was inspired by the heavy chenille that Ayelet's grandmother passed on to me while we were in Vegas.  It isn't enough to do a whole lot, other than trim some baby clothes.  So I decided that I will also make a matching sweater (perhaps a bolero) with the same edging.  If you haven't guessed, this set is for a little girl.
 
And look what came in the mail last night!!!
 


As I was watching Monsoon Wedding last night, I got started.



Here's a close up of the pattern that will be at the bottom of the sweater and the sleeves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home