The World According to Marney

Friday, July 2

I'm Back

Vacation is nearing an end, and the traveling part is over. There are still a couple of days left here in NYC for me to chill. I don't make it back to the office until Tuesday.

So, my vacation started out like any other, flying into Vegas at 1AM local time (4AM Marney time). By the time I got by bag and my car, it was after 2AM and I still had to find my way to the house that my family rented. When I got there, I didn't see any signs of life - no cars, no lights, no nothing. So I started to question whether I got the dates wrong.

Lucky for me, I had other friends in town. So, I called my friend Terry who was staying at the Flamingo and asked to borrow his floor. By the time I got to his room, it was about 3AM.

Of course, because I'm crazy, I woke up by about 7AM and was ready to go. We had breakfast, walked around, ran into other friends and spent the day shopping and such. By about 4PM, our paths had to part ways, and I finally met up with my family at the house.

The rest of the week was a combination of hanging with friends, hanging with family, shopping, gambling and lounging at the house. And, most importantly, I got NO COLOR!!!! My SPF 40 held up for me all week.

I am so sick of A/C right now, literally. My sinuses are thanking me for all of the nasty humidity. It is so hot out there, and they were having a cool period (under 100 for much of the week). I would never be able to live there. In fact a week was a plenty long enough time for me. Actually, it was 6 days and 7 nights, because all flights into and out of Las Vegas have to happen at night, apparently.

So, I didn't win any money gambling, but my uncle did....$1000 at video poker. I didn't drink or do anything to excess. I didn't get married to a stranger. I really didn't meet many of my goals for this trip. I should go back....

Well, it's nice to be back. Hopefully the vacation after-glow will last longer than the weekend. In any case, I have a poker game tomorrow night, which helps to prolong my themed vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home