The World According to Marney

Thursday, June 10

Blackout - 2004

Last night, I went out to dinner at a restaurant about 3 blocks from home with a friend. Before the meal was over, the lights started to flicker and finally went out along with the air conditioning (considering it was still in the high 80s with humidity, that was the more noticable part). I had yet another one of thos dejavu moments.

Someone said that it was just a black out on this block, but being one who trusts no one's judgement on these scenarios, I started to get a little worried for my feline friends that could be stuck in the heat without the comforts of my lowly ceiling fan, only 3 blocks away.

I managed to get my feelings of panic across to my fellow diner and we left the restaurant. I was happy to see that there were still lights on Broadway (literally...no singing necessary). As I walked closer to my block, the lights were all normal, and my panic subsided.

So, in the glory of electricity, I spent the rest of my evening working on a project for the sequel of Stitch 'n Bitch: The Knitter's Handbook.

In other news, I decided to give my No-Sweat Pants to one of my theatre co-workers. She was eyeing them as I was working on them a while back. She noted that in Capezio stores, these type of pants would run about $70. And for me, they were from free yarn. I really only made them because I wanted to see if I could make pants. So, they are going to a happy home, to be worn in dance class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home