The World According to Marney

Tuesday, June 1

The Short Weeks are Always the Longest....

Here it is Tuesday after a long weekend. I already feel like the week has run me over with a truck. I couldn't fall asleep last night so getting up for my earlier-than-usual morning was really difficult for me. I am feeling the pain of insomnia right now. I may have to cut out of the office for a while for a little nap.....

In brighter news, I got the e-mail telling me who my Secret Knitting Buddy was. Jayme was the wonderful person who managed to get those great little gifts to me right when I needed a bit of a pick-me-up. Thank you very much Jayme. You are great!

I also revealed myself to the Knitting Buddy I was sending gifts to. I had Annie as a Secret Knitting Buddy. Unfortunately, the latest gift has not yet gotten to her. I got an e-mail saying that the order was processed late last week. So she should get a little surprise (that she knows is coming) this week. Sorry about the delay.

Over the weekend, I got a chance to see Livingston Taylor perform on Saturday at B.B. King Blues Club. If you don't know (which I did not), Livingston is the brother of James Taylor. It was quite a treat to be invited by my dear friends, John and Aaron. Not only did we get into the VIP section with food and champagne, but Livingston stopped by and chatted with us before the show.

Oh, and in very interesting news about my Vegas trip, I found there will be a whole plethora of friends and family in town while I'm there. The trip started with some family renting a house for a week and inviting me to join them. Then a couple of friends that I know from the days that they lived in NYC decided to join in the fun. Well, I found out this weekend that a friend from high school is getting married in Vegas that same weekend. So that means that there will be a lot of long lost high school buddies hanging around town. I am starting to think that the last week of June is hang-with-Marney-in-Vegas week. Anyone else want to drop by?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home