The World According to Marney

Friday, May 7

Bad Blogger

So I haven't been very good about commenting on my blog lately. Things are getting a little bit crazy for me these days. So, to comment on a few e-mails I got, here is a little bit about some of my latest....um....stuff:

Computer
It came in a couple of weeks ago. I love it!!! I am still in the process of setting it up (with no time, it takes longer than it should). Last night, I finally got my cable modem, so I can, theoretically, make the changes to my blog that I have been meaning to do for a while. In the mean time, I am slowly getting all of my stuff together.

iPod
It came in last week. I love it, too!!! One of the big computer projects that I have actually been spending time on is uploading all of my CDs onto my iTunes and therefore my iPod. It is fabulous. So worthwhile.

Knitting
I am so very scattered in my knitting projects. I have a bunch started but not really planned out well. Although, I am currently wearing my revised poncho here in the office (they have been "working" on the AC here so it is FRIGID). I do need to get that picture uploaded.... Maybe this weekend when I can focus a little on the computer.

Theatre
It is Tony season, so I have been doing a little more theatre than normal. I'm sure that won't stop anytime soon, but at least it keeps me out of too much trouble.

Vegas
I think I mentioned that I was contemplating a trip to Vegas next month. Well, I have decided to go. Not only that, but a couple of friends are thinking about heading out at the same time. I will be staying with family who are renting a house, while the friends are going to be staying with other family (not mine) who live there. I am really looking forward to getting out of the city for a while and meeting up with SO MANY people I don't see very often. Now if the airfares will come down a bit....

Other Stuff
Okay, I may not have been talking about these things, but they are currently happening. Saturday, I am going to finally see a movie at the Tribeca Film Festival. I am planning on seeing Coffee and Cigarettes. It should be a hoot. If you don't know about the Tribeca Film Festival, they started it in the spring of 2002 to try to promote the Tribeca area which was severely hurt by the WTC attack in many ways. As that area is still trying to recover, the Film Festival is really helping to promote businesses and interaction downtown.

Last night, I got a surprise phone call from a friend of mine from high school. He is a sailor (non-military), well the captain of the Clearwater. His boat was docked on the Upper West Side. So, I met him for a tour of the boat and a little catching up. He has changed a lot since he has taken on this role of captain; cut his hair, keeps himself tidily groomed and even goes to bed at the unbelievably early hour of 9PM. Anyway, he is in this area pretty often with this new boat, so I hope to see him a bit more often than just once a year.

Well, I think that about brings me up to date...or so. I'm going to try to be a little better about posting on a regular basis, especially since I don't have to carve out time from work, anymore.

Have a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home