The World According to Marney

Tuesday, April 27

Thanks for your ideas

You all have made very good points about the new cardi options. I am not sure how this yarn will hold up to the stretch factor. It doesn't seem to be like other cotton yarns that I have worked with, but that doesn't mean that it will not lose it's shape. As for shaping the fern and moss to be a little more fitted, the stitch pattern would be a little tricky to figure out the shaping of it, unless I do something like a couple of panels of the fern and the sides all moss... There goes my brain in yet one more direction. I originally thought about doing a little bit of a peplum to it, so it would need shaping. But the fern and moss made that a bit awkward. I guess I need to start a little sketching and figuring... And just because I have this much done on either doesn't mean I won't tear them all out and start over. After all, I still have an entire skein that was done as a "swatch" in different stitch patterns.

So, I put down the cardigan for a little bit while I'm figuring out what to do with it and went back to the poncho idea. The version of the poncho that I already finished is not a good thing. I don't think it worked well with the yarn/pattern combination. So, I came across the pattern I got from ChicKnits, the MiniChic Poncho. So I tried my hand at that pattern with the same yarn. So far, it is turning out pretty nice. I think this version will be the winner. But I don't think I want to have the same collar for this particular yarn. It's acrylic bloucle and not exactly what I want up so tight with my face. I think I will try more of a scoopy thing. (Pictures to come...)

If you have more thoughts on the cardigan situation, please let me know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home