The World According to Marney

Wednesday, April 21

NOT HAPPY

As I walked into the office this morning, I was attacked by messages to call my boss. So before I even got my coat off, I called him. He needed me to take some materials down to the board meeting that he was going to be late for. Fine. I wasn't really happy with that idea, but I grabbed the materials, headed to the subway and dropped of the binder within 15 minutes.

I started to walk back, thinking about getting something special for breakfast since I was forced out of the office. My phone started to ring. Now, who would call me at 9AM on a Wednesday? Low and behold, it's my boss. He asked me if I was still on Third Avenue and could I come back to the building? Fine, I walked back the two blocks I had just come to find him standing on the corner. He hands the keysto his car to me saying he has to run in and I have to park the car.

Now I don't know if any of you have tried to drive in Midtown Manhattan at 9AM, but it took me about a half hour to drive 15 blocks, find an empty lot and get back to the office. If you are keeping track, that would be twice the time of taking the subway.

Needless to say, I'm thinking there are a few lines that are being crossed these days.... We will see if these little things start to push me over the edge. I am not finding much happiness at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home