The World According to Marney

Tuesday, May 4

New Projects

Last night my mailbox was full of all kinds of new evils to temp my creative mind. Not only was there the new Interweave Knits Magazine, but there was also the latest catalog from KnitPicks. This is clearly a dangerous combination. I am very easily persuaded to succumb to the evils of new projects and new yarns. Of course, do I really need to take on something new? Shall we take a clance at the list on the right side of the page? But maybe it will be the project of my dreams....maybe it will be the sweater that will bring my entire wardrobe together...maybe...maybe...oh, I can't even convince myself.

Anyway, last night I went to the theatre with a last minute invitation. I saw the new play, Prymate. There were a lot of things that I liked about this play, but also a lot that I didn't. To be honest, there was a lot more monkey sex in the show than I am really used to. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I was not really prepared. But for the most part, this is a very thoughtful and provocative play that throws love in the face of science. But, I have a feeling that it won't be around too long.

Sometimes I wonder why it is that there are so many people that invest in theatre, especially on Broadway, that don't understand that it is such a mainstream venue that anything that requires thought doesn't make it very long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home