The World According to Marney

Sunday, June 13

Don't Hate Me Because I'm Productive

This weekend has been all about getting back to spending time with myself. I cancelled my plans for this weekend, or they were cnacelled for me. That means I had time to dedicate myself to things for myself. So, what did I do?

Well, I got back to the walking the loop in Central Park. Although I didn't have anyone to join me, I was armed with my iPod and a playlist of "walking music." I did take my life into my own hands as today was the infamous Puerto Rican Day Parade. For those of you that haven't heard, a couple years ago at this parade, numerous (I think 13) women were accosted by parade goers as they were exiting Central Park. Sometimes, i like to live on the edge, But there was nothing like that for me this year.

I also got projuects underway, finished and close to finished. First, I finished this little project:



This is something that I have been working on off and on for the past couple of weeks. One of the bartenders from the theatre has been asking for a bikini since she saw the one I made ofr myself last year. So, I thought I would use the oattern in Stitch 'n Bitch. I had the yarn from trying out a sale yarn from knitpicks.com. They have one color of a specific yarn on sale for a considerable discount every month.

Second, I have everything but the blocking for this project:



This is a scarf that I am making for one of my coworkers. She helped me out with my blog (which I am trying to upgrade...soon) and was there when I went through the stash reduction box. She liked the cashmerino in olive and lavander. Since there wasn't enough for much more than a scarf, that's what she's getting. Not bad for a little bit of html help!

Another project that I have in the works also uses yarn from the stash reduction box:



This is going to be a shell of sorts. I like the simple eyelet pattern. My plan is to have off-white crisscross bands through the top part. I'm still working on the details for that, but maybe I'll get some sort of idea in the near future. In the mean time, I am just winging it.

I just realized that all of these projects are either green or purple or both! Interesting.....

As for the Stitch 'n Bitch II book project, I have the entire piece finished except the colorwork that is supposed to be added as duplicate stitch. The chart that I was given was too big for the sweater, so it's being resized, again.

I think that brings be to this eveing. I am currently watching Lost in La Mancha about the making of "The Man Who Killed Don Quixote," a film by Terry Gilliam, where everything that could go wrong did. It makes me feel a little better about everything that I am putting up with. Not much, but a little. But at least I can take it off my Netflix list. (By the way, if you don't have a Netflix list, get one!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home