The World According to Marney

Friday, September 10

stuff

Yesterday, I had a wonderful massage. It was so relaxing and helped to relieve the pain that had been breeding in my back in the form of evil knots under my shoulderblades. I think Julia (the miracle worker) managed to get about 85% of them out of there. The last few are putting up a good fight. We'll see what I can do to help relax a bit more.

Well, this wonderful experience was totally negated within an hour at the office. Have I ever mentioned that I hate it there? If not, I am saying it now. I am very tired of being told that Idon't know about the job thatI was hired to do and that I should focus on the things that are less timely and not what I have any experience in doing; nor should I be doing. So, I happily went to a reception of for the new Dodger Stages and drug along my friend Matthew.

One of these days, he will understand when I invite him to a party that it will be fun and entertaining beyond anything that he has ever experienced before. It's wonderful bringing newcomers into the theatre world. I truly love it. In any case, a few hours of greeting old friends, drinking rather potent beverages and seeing the new 5 off-Broadway theatres that are now open (a former second run movie theatre that had gone under a couple of years ago) an I was back to my happy self again. It's amazing how much happier I am in that environment than in the finance world. It's like I am me again.

Please no comments about going back. I like eating on a regular basis and paying rent on time too much. I know I have sold out, but only financially.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home