The World According to Marney

Monday, October 4

Do I really have to work?

I feel like I am back in High School. Since I submitted my notice, I feel like I have contracted the ever prevelant Springtime illness that hits all high school seniors - Senioritis. There is nothing that can keep my attention here in the office. The weather is beautiful and cool - my favorite. The projects that I am working on are too much for one person to handle alone, so I have lost interest trying to actually make miracles happen. Basically, I may as well just go home. I would be more productive there.

Speaking of productivity, I ran into a bartender from Hairspray (I went back there after a month long hiatus) who had a MAJOR knitting crisis. In a nutshell, she opened her sweater basket to see moths flying out. Two of her alpaca sweaters have missing cables. So she passed them off to me to fix. The good news is both of them are damaged in the back and they are both sweaters that she wears around the house. So, I managed to get through the one with the least amount of damage pretty easily. But, as I was finishing up, I noticed a little bit of movement through the sweater. Yes, there were still vermin living in there. So, after I fixed it, I did a little hand washing. I hope that helps out. I am about 1/2 way through the one that is very much damaged. So far, it is going pretty smoothly. Keep your fingers crossed.

So, I did hear a little piece of information this morning that is a little upsetting for me (an I'm sure for my family). According to the Worker Health Chartbook, the highest risk occupations in the country areConstruction Workers and Truck Drivers. Well, my father is a truck driver and my brother-in-law works in construction. Well, neither have had any major problems or, thankfully, any fatal injuries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home