The World According to Marney

Wednesday, September 29

News At Last

I have finally gotten the confirmation about my good news. It looks like I will be going back to the theatre industry. In about 2 weeks, I will be the new Manager of Information Systems for Dodger Theatricals, Inc. It is strangely a step forward by going back to a job that was created for me in 1996. I am not going to pretend to understand exactly how all of this worked, but it did and it will. The more I think about it, the more is seems like something that came about entirely by good timing, chance and good networking skills. But I'll take it.

It all started with my strange history and connection to Dodgers. I worked for them for 4 years before I decided to move on to the "more stable" world of finance (just before the market tanked, I might add). After 5 years of finance and attending all Dodger parties, I started to get a bit nostalgic for the insanely busy yet fun world of theatre.

I ran into my former boss at a party. We caught up with each other; me, relating my anxious need to find other employment (not putting it out there, but putting it out there) and she, explaining about the new set up with their administrative staff being outsourced to a staffing company. As a stroke of fate, she was about to let go the manager of this administration team and Head of IT on the next day. One phrase kept coming back into the discussion, "I keep saying I want someone like Marney." Well, one thing led to another and I sent my resume to her the next morning with a very charming note stating "there is no one more like Marney, than me." So, after a bit of a todo and agreements betwixt all parties involved, I will be taking on the role of MIS (Manager of Information Systems).

So, I am very happily tendering my resignation today. I haven't been this happy in a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home