The World According to Marney

Tuesday, October 26

Holding Pattern

Well, I am still working and probably will for the next few weeks. But, I have done A LOT of thinking about my situation. Although there are some possibilities in salvaging something from all of this (although slight at best), there is a part of me that is leaning toward some time off. I mean, I have been working for the past 12 years without any break. I have never been unemployed in my adult life. Maybe a little break would be a chance for me to put a few things into perspective and such. Not only that, but I am going to Paris the week after the lay off, and family will be in town the following week. By then, we will be knee deep in the holidays (which are always a challenge for me to survive). I think the new year would be a great time to start fresh.

I don't think this realization is particularly defeatist, but actually much more freeing for me. I have actually embraced a part of life that I never thought I would.

Don't get me wrong, I would rather find some other way to get through this mess. And since there are many changes afoot within my company, we can never know what any of us will end up doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home