The World According to Marney

Tuesday, April 26

Decisions, decisions

Today, after meeting with the support staff of a very reputable company that would have offered me a decent salary, great benefits and a fabulous environment, I decided that I would be rather unchallenged and ultimately bored with the workload and have nothing to inspire me to go further, as the promotion path only goes one level up to the exciting role of Executive Assistant. So, I decided that taking a job for a bit less money but more variety in work and a career path that sounds intriguing is a better situation for me.

So, here's the scoop:

I will be the new Customer Service Assistant for Rogen. It is a business training and strategy company. This is the company that offered the presentation skills seminar to me last week. After seeing them in action, I really felt good about what the company stands for and does. I have met with about half of the consulting staff already as well as the person that is doing the entire job that I will be sharing. One of the things that I really like about this situation is that they are tailoring the position to my abilities. They were originally looking for a junior person to do this job, but since they saw what I have done, they have reconsidered and decided to pass on more responsibility to me as they are growing in other directions. I love that they have given me a promotion before I even started.

So, that's the news. I start my new job on Monday and will give you updates as I have them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home