The World According to Marney

Tuesday, November 8

I'm not dead

Just to catch you all up:

Scarves - done
Work - busy but good
Theatre - more shows to work on so busy
Hurricane surviving friends - happy and healthy
Other stuff - good

In general, things are all good but busy. I had a great time for Halloween. The one major side effect is that my hair has been MANY colors in the past week. I decided to go blue a la Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. So, I went all Manic Panic Shocking Blue. I figured that it would wash out with all of the hair washing and such. Well, after a week of blue hair with green tinges, I wanted to try something else. So, thinking that maybe the peroxide in the copper color might help the blue to leave. But that just gave me orange roots and blue ends. So I went with dark brown which made it black with brown roots. And that is where I'm at now. At least until the blue fully washes out. Or I cut it all off.

In knitting news, I'm making the cardigan in Vintage Knits for myself. I got some pretty olive green cotton yarn when my friend Jules was in town. And after I finished the scarves, I dove right in. I forgot how long it takes to do something on size 3 needles with a lacy pattern. Not nearly as much of the instant gratification of whipping out a scarf in 2 hours. But it's nice to purl every now and again. I guess it's a trade off.

Oh, I almost forgot. I am once again trying the NaNoWriMo. That's right. I'm trying to write a novel with everything else that's going on in my craziness. I'm already a week behind. Go figure. I started out strong with 2 solid days of writing. Then life hit and I stopped. I guess I've got to get going on that. So I'm off. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home