The World According to Marney

Monday, April 17

Camping...Me?!?!

Believe it or not, I actually went camping. Well, sort of hiking and almost rock climbing, too. I went up to The Gunks with Peter and some friends this past weekend. Everyone else is big into climbing while I am still rather secure with my feet on the ground. Actually, I'll probably try it in the future, just not when I'm not prepared and don't know what I'm doing. I'm a big fan of not maiming myself against large cliffs.

In any case, the entire adventure included camping on the nicest weekend of the year so far, wandering around some "mountains" (I still think it's funny that the Eastcoasters think they are mountains), watching perigrine falcons play, and -get this- driving. That's right, I also used that handy little license of mine that is getting cob-webby in my wallet. Oh, and I got to be the team photographer with Peter's fancy new camera.

I did contemplate suggesting the traditional Easter camping treat, Peeps S'Mores, or hiding eggs in the woods to find in the morning. For some reason, I think that might have been received poorly by the Ranger who kicked us out early Sunday morning.

All-in-all, it was a fun weekend, but I hope that the next trip I make goes back to the kind that has running water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home