The World According to Marney

Sunday, April 23

Family Surprise

When I was back home for my Grandfather's funeral a few weeks ago, I talked to my Aunt Michele. She and my cousins Amanda and Alyssa had a trip to the East Coast plenned. She gave me her itinerary for the 6 days in Boston, NYC and DC (talk about filled trip!). I managed to forget about the date that they were going to be in town until I got a phone call on Thursday night letting me know that they were in town.

On Friday, I was able to get out of the office for a bit to meet up with them and do a little site seeing in Mid-town. It is always wonderful to have family visit. I'm really sorry that I couldn't spend more time with them. They are all on the side of the family that I don't see as much. I think I should probably fix that in the future. It's just so hard to see everyone when I have so little time.

Anyway, it seems that my cousin Amanda is going to be going to culinary school after she graduates. And she has fallen in love with the East Coast big cities. I told her mom that I am happy to open my door to any of the family that wants to check out the big city. Plus, it give a bit of comfort zone for any parent that is reluctant to send their "baby" to the big city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home