The World According to Marney

Friday, May 12

I am so ready for this week to be over

This week started out with a phone call at work from my landlady telling me that my kitty (Koshka) was wandering around the hallway of my apartment building. Poor guy was pretty freaked out when I got there. He must have zoomed out when I was leaving for work in the morning and darted up the stairs. He is happily back inside and not venturing out any time soon.

I also made plans to go up to Boston for Memorial Day weekend. Peter told me that he liked the Boston Park Plaza Hotel and Towers and wanted to stay there if possible. When I looked up rates, it was a little bit higher than I was hoping to get for a room. So I did some hunting. Everywhere I looked, it was about the same. So I tried Hotwire.com for the first time. Of course, they don't tell you the name of the hotel until you confirm the booking. So I debated between a hotel that was in the right price range and the next one higher which was still at the original rate. At the last minute, I decided to go with cheap. When it was all confirmed, I ended up with the Boston Park Plaza. Who knew?!?!

I have managed to work a lot of crazy hours this week followed by late nights of playing Kingdom Hearts 2 to relax from the working. So there has been a growing lack of sleep that is starting to show signs. I am truly not as young as I used to be.

We are trying to hire someone at work to be an addition to the roles that my colleague Gus and I have. We are both a bit overwhelmed with this very busy time of year. So in addition to all of the work that we have to take care of, we are also tasked with finding a new person. Isn't that the way, in order to lessen your work load, I have had to greatly inrease it. On the bright side, we have 3 people coming in today to meet our staff (or as much as will be around).

Allergies have been out of control lately. I read over the weekend in the New York Times that "The tree pollen count in Brooklyn yesterday was 690, according to the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology. Counts above 90 are considered high." I generally don't have a huge reaction to allergies. Maybe a day or two of being uncomfortable in the Spring. But in the past month, I have been on prescription medication and that hasn't been enough to keep me breathing well. I am happy to say that the massive rain that fell overnight has dropped the rate to "low" for today.

And yesterday I got the confirmation that Mom and Dad have purchased their airline tickets for their visit to NYC in October. Now I have to find someplace for them to stay. I'm looking forward to their visit. I think I'll try to get some good tickets to see Jersey Boys. I'm sure they would love to see this show. Of course, I see it twice a week, every week. I guess that would make me a bit of an expert. And they can be like the rest of the audience and tell me that I don't know anything about Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons because I'm too young. But I bet ya that I know more of the songs than they do, and all of the words, and the choreography...

Okay, I have to get myself ready to go in to work early again. Today will be another 15 hour day between the two jobs. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home