The World According to Marney

Tuesday, August 22

Debt Free

I did it! I made it! After a conscious effort over the past 6 years, I just made the final payments on my last 2 credit cards. No more loans, credit card balances or any other nasty and ugly liens on my financial existance.

It hasn't been easy, particularly when I first started battling the monster. When I first cut up my cards and started doing nothing but paying them back, it was very painful. I recoiled a couple of times, but all in all, kept trudging forward.

I have to say, Peter helped me secure the final nail in the debt coffin. I sold off some of my magical stocks that appeared in my life to take care of the last bit. Nothing like money that appears in my life seemingly out of nowhere to make it that much better.

Perhaps I will venture into other forms of monetary growth. Now that I have played the stock market, perhaps I will dive deeper. I don't think I can handle this much adult responsibility. Being a grown up is scary.