The World According to Marney

Thursday, January 4

Happy New Year

Well, here it is January 4th and I am just getting around to blogging. December was a hard month for me. New job with a commute to New Jersey; New apartment; Packing and moving and cleaning out the old apartment; Holidays (much ignored or at least put on hold). It was quite an ordeal to battle. I'm just now getting back into the swing of things.

I am finally getting used to the commute into New Jersey. I have been very lucky in the past not having to travel outside of a maximum 30 minute subway ride. Now I have a subway ride to a commuter train to a carpool. All in all, about 1:45 each way door to door. It makes for much audiobook listening.

Work itself is very busy. Today is my one month mark in the new role and I am already working on 9 very demanding meetings. I'll be traveling this month to Columbus to meet with one client and likely Washington DC for an event for another client. Last week with the skeleton crew, I was able to test my mettle as being the senior staff member making decisions like I knew what was going on. I think it's a good match, me and this new role. I'm very happy.

The new apartment is wonderful. Although I am being lax in getting out of the last few boxes, it is a pleasure to be in this space, which wasn't always the case for the last apartment. And the kitties love the many rooms to hide in and the tall cabinets to jump on. It is a kitty adventure haven. Of course as I type, they are all asleep within a foot of my chair.

The holidays were pretty mild this year. Christmas was spent with my kitties and cleaning the old apartment. New Year's Weekend was spent at Ikea and Bed Bath & Beyond. As my proesent from Mom and Dad, I got an occasional table (strangely no longer on the Ikea website) plus a few other small items. Peter scored a new chair, footstool and lamp. Of course, we also rent a Toyota Tacoma for this job.

But it's back to the grind now. I have to get ready for the long journey into work. Happy New Year to you! May your 2007 be happy and healthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home