The World According to Marney

Tuesday, December 19

Move is over

I made my big move this past weekend. And now I know why I didn't move for the past 1 years! What a pain!

I think the hardest part was getting the kitties to the new place and settled. Those poor cats have not been in a car in about a decade - when they were each kittens. They don't leave the apartment much at all. So to be crammed in a carrier and taken in a car to a strange place, it must be the scariest thing in the world. Not to mention, I only have 2 carriers, so Koshka had to go in a duffle bag.

Peter (the best boyfriend in the world) rented a Zip Car so we could take a few things and the kitties to the new place before the move. I had one carrier and the duffle on the floor by my feet and another carrier on my lap. Once we started, I felt bad for Koshka and tried to open the duffle a little. Well, he jumped right out and I couldn't get him back in. So he spent the entire scary ride in my arms watching the world pass by very quickly. At one point he tucked his little head in the crook of my arm to hide. Well it wasn't hard to get him back into the duffle for the transfer to the apartment.

The move itself went very well. The movers were great - especially with all of those stairs. I love the new apartment. As soon as I get out of all of my boxes, I'm going to see about having a few people over. Oh, and let me tell you, I am SOOOO enjoying the washer, dryer and dishwasher. They have been run a few times already.

I'm still working on the remains/cleaning of the old place which should be done this week. Maybe sometime soon, I will finally be ready for the holidays. That has been the absolute last thing on my mind lately. But the back to back three day weekends will be totally relished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home