The World According to Marney

Thursday, December 7

New Job

Thank you all for the phone calls and emails about the pending and realized changes in Marney's World. It's nice to have people out there with congratulations when I am up to my eyeballs in chaos.

The new job is going well. I have made it through the first few days. Though it's a bit of a slow time right now, there are a few projects that may be taking over my time in the very near future.

I am also adapting to a commute for the first time. I am not used to having to take anything more than the subway at most to get to work. But sometimes, we all have to make sacrifices to do the right thing. So, I have been taking a train out to Montclair, NJ and catching a ride with Mary Jo to the office - then she would take me back to the train to go home. All in all, about an hour including getting to/from the train station in NYC. Yesterday, I took the bus home from the office. Since it stops right in front of the building, you would think that this reverse commute wouldn't be so bad. Well, 2 hours later, when I was getting home, I was really rethinking that plan. Nothing like holiday traffic to make a bus ride even worse.

I just made the arrangements for my move next weekend. I now have a little over a week to get cleaned/packed up for this adventure. I decided that with 2 different walk-ups, I didn't want to do any of the heavy lifting, nor try to get any of my friends involved in that. So, the date of the move is the 17th. I'll pick up the keys on th 15th or so, take a day or so to scope out the layout and go for it. I think I may take the kitties up there the night before, just so they won't be underfoot with all of the move. Plus, I can put them in a room in the new place so they are out of the way.

Well, I should get back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home