The World According to Marney

Friday, May 3

Good morning!

I am so excited! I already have people hitting my site! I guess it doesn't take much to get the word out. Thank you Jackie and Carolyn for inspiring me and putting that thought in my obsessive mind!

On a knitting note, I turned my heel last night. I should have sock #1 finished by the end of the weekend. That means that I can complete a sock in about a week. Not bad for a beginner. My goal is to have them both finished by May 13th. Only 10 days to go!

I have heard rumors that knitting tends to be a cool weather hobby. More people want to work with wool when it's cool outside. Granted, the seasons here in New York are really wacko right now with 90° weather turning to rainy 40° days. But with the beginnings of summer peeking around the corner, I still have not lost the urge to pick up the needles. Well, to be honest, I am focusing on smaller projects, like socks. We'll see how far that goes when the humidity makes Manhattan an urban rain forest.

One last thing, I would like to say hello to Mom, Grandma Dolly and Nana. They are fabulous knitters in their own right. I guess it must be genetic. Remind me to tell you sometime about the year Mom made afghans for all 22 of my cousins for Christmas. (No wonder I knit like a machine!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home