The World According to Marney

Monday, May 6

Weekend News

Friday night I went to a performance of The Underpants. My dear friend William Duell is in the show and invited me to come see it. It was a farcical romp through a turn of the century Germany disfunctional marriage. What a fun show! (See my latest theatre exploits on my theatre page.)

Strangely enough, I ran into a fellow Stitch-n-Bitcher at the theatre. Chris and I have not seen each other at the group much due to conflicting schedules, so we really don't know each other. She asked me if someone knitted my sweater. As that it was my very first sweater, I proudly announced that I did. All the rest just fell into play.

Saturday, I went to help out with the New York Spring Clean Up Day for New York Cares. Well, I worked on the party for all of the SCUD workers that went out to many parks in each of the boroughs to clean and beautify. The way I look at it, someone needs to make sure that the volunteers enjoy winding down after a long hard day of making New York beautiful! There were about 3000 volunteers cleaning up various parks throughout the 5 boroughs. Qute an undertaking!

Saturday night, I finished my sock! Bad news is that due to my adapting number of stitches to make up for gauge, I made it TOO wide and TOO short. As I started watching Frontier House on PBS, I frogged the whole thing. I started a new pattern (with the correct gauge) and subsequently got into Frontier House. I did get very excited when I noticed one of the women knitting a sock. I felt like we were bonding throughout time and space with our socks.

Well, my insanity will show through now. as of now, the sock I started on Saturday night is already past the turning of the heel! I am set on finishing them by the end of the week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home