The World According to Marney

Monday, July 29

I had an uncontrollable urge to buy yarn on Saturday. Decidedly, I went all the way down to Downtown Yarns to quell this need. I found some dark charcoal merino for a hat for a friend (which has since been finished) and some black alpaca for a scarf for me. In some ways it is just wrong to pine for wool when the weather is this nasty out. We're headed back up into the high 90s again.

So I am trying to figure out what to do on this scarf for myself. I don't want a plain scarf but since it is black, only lace and eyelets will show up. I have tried a couple of lacy stitches but I am not really sold on them yet. I think I tried about 5 just last night.

The hat came out very nice. It is so soft. I made a Seaman's Cap. My gauge was a little different so the ribbing is not quite so high. I hope it fits my friend's head which is kind of big. I know that I did most of it on 26" circulars and it fits on my head, too. I hope that means that it will cover his melon. If not, I can always start over. It's not like he is going to need it right away. But he will be in Minneapolis in November so he shauld be able to get some good use out of it before the end of the year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home