The World According to Marney

Friday, July 26

I totally forgot to mention that the pattern for the blanket in the pictures is the Heirloom Knit Baby Blanket that I found through Knitting About.com. The pattern calls for 7 strips sewn together and then edged in a scolloped lace. It was really a great project to work on. I really like this pattern because it is delicate and lacy without being breezy and having big holes that can make the baby cold.

I can't say that I have done much on my holiday projects of late. I have been running out of time. What is this world coming to when I don't have time to knit!!! I also need to get going on the Book Club book, Paris to the Moon. Once again, I am behind in my reading. This time it is only because I don't have time. I have been reading on the train or bus whenever I take one. The down side is that those trips aren't very long. I am really enjoying reading this one.

The weekend looks like it will be a hot one. Saturday will be a steamer for Aaron's (flash site) half-birthday party (his birthday is in January) with his not quite up to snuff air conditioner. It should still be a lot of fun. He and John really know how to throw a good party. I guess it's always good to have a caterer and a DJ as hosts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home