The World According to Marney

Wednesday, August 28

Last night the S-n-B started out a bit small. I guess it's understandable that the last week before Labor Day would take people away from their normal routine. Meema brought in her flier for one of the upcoming Smiley's Yarn Riots held this week in Wayne, NJ. Due to my recent financial trickiness and having a lack of transportation to the "lovely" Holiday Inn in Wayne, I think I will have to miss this one. I guess that means I will have more energy and money to spend at the Yarn Riot in Manhattan in December. That one is only 3 blocks away from my apartment. That means I can buy a lot without having to worry about how I am getting it all home.

I did have another serendipitous encounter last night. My friends, Juan and Gene, happened to stop by the Java N Jazz while I was stitching and bitching. I haven't seen them since earlier in the summer.

When I got home, I had a message waiting for me from a couple of friends who had seen mice in their apartment. They were asking if I would bring over one of my feline friends to help out. After thinking about it for a while, I realized that even though George (my resident hunter) is a tough guy, he turns into a bit of a baby as soon as he leaves my apartment. Just one evening would probably not do any good. Between him hiding under a couch and other noise detering rodents, I think they would need to have him there for at least a week. I have a lot of faith in my little monster, but I would hate to have him think I have abandoned him at a strange apartment. If only life were more like cartoons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home