The World According to Marney

Wednesday, August 21

Yesterday was probably the most chaotic day I have had in a very long time. Not only did I have a friend flying into town and have plans to celebrate Jackie's birthday, but I had to make sure her gift was ready to go. I know I am insane and I have insane friends, but I think we have outdone ourselves. We gave Jackie a dog for her birthday. That's right. About 6 of us pitched in on this mad venture. Me being the brain behind it, Ayelet being the gung-ho cheerleader, Mary Jo and Erica being the foster home and the rest giving support to our insanity. For anyone that thinks they may be a future recipient of such a gift, I have decided to NEVER do this again! The budding ulcer that I have contracted from this experience will deter me. In any case, we had a fun, if not speechless at times, evening. I even managed to deplete the S-n-B gang a bit by diverting them to celebrate with Jackie.

On a less stressful note, my friend Judy came into town for an entire 24 hours. In that time, we picked up the dog from the groomers, did a little shoe shopping, walked all over town, surprised Jackie, hung out at the Soho Grand hotel, had dinner in a Village Cafe, mailed her postcards from Scotland (don't ask), wandered around Central Park and shipped her back off to the airport. Not bad for a short trip.

In the meantime, I managed to break the point off of my #4 straight needle while I was at the airport. So much for catching up on soome knitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home