The World According to Marney

Thursday, August 8

The book club went well last night. We clearly did not have as much to say about this book as previous ones. Before we knew it, we were a bit distracted by other topics. Nevertheless, I got quite a bit of knitting accomplished during the discussion.

Prior to the meeting, I must admit that I played a little hookey from work. I had an appointment that I thought would take much of the afternoon but only took 20 minutes. So I briefly thought about returning to the office but then I remembered that I was only a couple of blocks from The Yarn Connection. I won't even try to tell you that it was a tough decision. I also called up Ayelet who wanted to get some shopping done in the same area. My office didn't stand a chance of seeing me for the rest of the day.

All in all, I think I needed a bit of a mini shopping spree to brighten up my spirits. I have been feeling a bit lethargic and not quite myself for the past couple of weeks. The combination of the beautiful weather, skipping work and spending money were just the right combination to bring me back around.

Anyway, I got some Regia Ringel in the color "Clown" for more Christmas socks for my nieces. I tried to find a brown and a tawny gold sock yarn for leopard print socks but I couldn't find the right color of tawny. I guess I will have to keep looking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home